The iLee Bird Gets The Worm

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7
Google

15 March 2006

Day Out!

Today I was given a day off, so Sarah and I had a day out!

Well, our goal was to get Sarah some clothes for her ever expanding tummy, as I'm sure you're aware if you read Sarah's blog yesterday.

So we set off to Manchester, not having a clue where to get maternity clothes from.



I guessed Debenhams and M&S would be good starting points, so we headed into M&S and asked a nice lady wearing a bright green ribbon (that said 'how can I help?' on it) if they did maternity clothes. Marks and Spencer, the bastion that is nice sensible clothing that won't fail you, the store that covers every item of clothing from every possible angle, all except maternity wear that is!
However, the lady lived up to her green ribbon and was extremely helpful, she told us exactly which stores in the Trafford Centre did sell maternity clothes, so off to H&M we went.



I have to say, H&M had a very good selection of maternity clothes. So good in fact we headed for the changing rooms with at least 15 items in my arms! I think it took Sarah about an hour to try them all on, but we left that store with a bag brimming full of goodies! What a great start! Sarah and I were thinking we'd be doing well to come away with anything more than a couple of items, already we had almost a wardrobe full!

The pressure was now off, all we really needed to find was a pair of jeans, which we did in Dorothy Perkins. Debenhams provided underwear, as did La Senza, M&S provided new pyjamas, a dressing gown and a nightie, and I even got to spend a good 15 minutes in the Apple store exploring the new MacBook Pro and the joys of iLife'06 (I have to admit, I left with a copy of iLife'06, so you'll probably be seeing a revamped look to my website soon, and hopefully it'll make my life a whole lot easier when it comes to podcasting.
We played around with the different iPod speakers too, cranking up the volume and annoying anyone within ear shot.
But I have to admit, we got that idea from a deaf old man who we watched stick his ear right next to a speaker and then crank it up to full volume! T'was funny!!

Our shopping trip ended with the obligatory Starbucks, all together now, can you say 'Grande White Chocolate Mocha with whipped cream', mmmmmmmmm.
Lee 10:47 PM

3 Comments:

Is this what heaven will look like???
Possibly! Haha!!!

We had fun, didn't we Babe?
Click the link in my blog entry and you'll see exactly what iLife is, basically it's a collection of programs for used for creating websites, movies, podcasts, music, DVDs, etc.

Add a comment