The iLee Bird Gets The Worm

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7
Google

24 February 2006

DIY Superstar!



Since we've bought our own home, I've been busy getting looking the way we want it to look.
This has meant lots of easy jobs like changing the door handles so they all match, painting the bath panel white to get rid of the nasty wood look it had before and putting up curtains.

But I've also had to turn my hand to more adventurous jobs, and I don't think I've done too bad so far! 

I've removed a sink and used the plumbing to hook up our washing machine. 
I've put together a fireplace, stained it, varnished it and put it in place (after removing the old one). 
I've put together lots of flat pack furniture, from desks to wardrobes to futons (with help from my glamorous assistant, Sarah on that one!).
I've installed a new fire in the living room.
I've set up a wireless internet connection and made sure nobody else could hack into it. 

These last few days I've embarked on my biggest task to date, replacing the shower and shower enclosure. Now, I won't pretend I've tried this one all alone, I had the help of Andrew, who I work with, to install the shower itself, I helped, but he definitely did the tricky stuff.

But I'm now part way through replacing the enclosure.

It was quite a job getting the old one out, but I managed it. The glass itself wasn't the problem, in fact one whole wall was held up by a single screw, it's no wonder it leaked and wobbled! It was the base that didn't want to leave!

I then took off some old white tiles and cleaned off all the old tile adhesive, preparation is important!

Eventually I'm ready to begin, my first job was to replace the old tiles with new ones that match the rest of the bathroom tiles. And this is where I'm at, the new tiles are in place and they look fantastic, even if I do say so myself! Tomorrow I will grout them, and then it's installing the new shower enclosure itself. 

Please pray I can do it!!!      
Lee 9:38 PM

5 Comments:

That's right! My hot handy man!!! Oh yeah!!!

I liked giving you a drink when you were wearing the blue gloves and couldn't hold yur own glass! It made me feel helpful!
Love the job your doing on our house Babe!!!
good job lee!

not sure where you get your diy skills from.

*thinks*

must be a long time ago distant ancestor
it certainly isn't from me !!!!! :-)
Dad
Kelly, there's something in the post for you.
It's way better than pictures!
It was supposed to be a surprise, but I think Sarah's already told you about it.
I hope you like it.
wow Lee - you do sound like a diy superstar! I'm impressed - keep up the good work! :)

Add a comment