The iLee Bird Gets The Worm

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7
Google

07 January 2006

What Kind of Street Do We Live In??

You've probably already read Sarah's blog about our weird neighbours, and you're probably thinking we live on quite a strange street.

But...

There's more!

The other night we heard this noise outside, it was sort of like a train going past, but it went on for about an hour. We looked outside but couldn't see anything.

The second time I looked I still couldn't see naything, but there were 5 police cars outside.
Nothing much seemed to be happening, so I just left them to whatever they were doing.

I found out today, that it was actually a police helicopter overhead that was making the noise.

The reason there was a helicopter hovering over our street for an hour was because an armed response unit had been called to the hotel a few doors down from us, in fact the entire street had been closed off by the police, and we had no idea what was going on!

Apparantly someone in the hotel had a gun, and that was why the armed response unit was called, along with lots of other police.



Presumably it was all resolved without much fuss because I never heard anything on the news about a shoot off or anything, that would have made the national news, it's not very common for people to have guns here, that's more of a US thing!

Anyway, don't worry, I don't think that kind of thing is an everyday occurance, but we'll see in time I suppose!

No wonder Jesus wanted us in this street!!
Lee 6:47 PM

3 Comments:

Jesus told me that I need to get a gun to protect myself.

These were his exact words: "Yeah sure Sarah, pray for the creepy armed men that live down the street from you, but a gun would make them think twice abut shooting you."

And so because I trust my Lord and Saviour, and there is absolutely NO WAY that this message wasn't from him, I'm going to go find the Black Market (if it even exists over here!) and buy a gun. Whether it's a real gun or simply a water pistol, I can't say . . .but just know that with me - MY safety comes first.
Holy doodle Lee! Could you find a more interesting place to bring up my new grandbaby? Jesus told you to move there? I shudder to thing what's He's going to have us to at this rate. Sarah, I think I can get a gun... I saw one in Raine and Keiden's toy box. It looks pretty authentic.
ya ya, get a gun. i have a cap gun that looks really real. i painted the orange tip black to match the rest so ya, its authentic.

Add a comment