The iLee Bird Gets The Worm

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7
Google

26 January 2006

Scan-tastic!!

Today I saw the greatest thing ever created, my baby!!
Sarah and I went for her first scan, and here it is...



We didn't learn a whole lot, but at least we definitely know Sarah's pregnant!

Ok, what we did find out was...
1. We are having one baby, not two, so all you people who said it was twins were wrong (thankfully!).
2. Our baby is 64mm from crown to rump (they don't count the legs because they're just curled up into the body).
3. The due date for Bean to appear into this world is 6th August, which also happens to be Sarah's birthday (although only 5% of babies are born on their due date).

If you want to download or print your own copy of this picture (I'm talking to Kelly here!) then go to my Flickr and download it, I have the full quality image there.

I got to see Bean's heart beating, I saw his arm and his leg and I cried a little.

Today was a great day!!
Lee 12:14 PM

9 Comments:

Just stumbled upon your blog. May god bless you n your wife with a wonderful baby!
Oh gorgeous little bean.
you look just like daddy!!!!
Bean! you are one lucky, lucky baby! Can't wait to really get to meet you and give you a cuddle (that's if I can ever pry you out of Mommy and Daddy's arms, gosh and then there's the grandparents too, I'll probably get to hold you when you're six months old or so)
It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it's confirmed I can see a little 'chipmunk',......
hmmmmmmm.......... or is that a LEG??????
I think it's a lickle boy too...

but for more logical reasons than grandpa, I read on the net that the average size of a 12 week old embryo is 55mm... and bean is 64mm, so therefore bean has inherited daddies 'tall' genes, so is probably a boy or a very tall girl!!!
hehe I dont care either way I'm happy :D
i'm pretty sure the "chipmunk" is bean's umbilical cord. did they tell you the heart rate?, a lot of times you can tell the sex (or at least have a good guess) by how fast the heart rate is. Girls typically have faster heart rates than boys.
HOLY CRAP, lee!

Hey, it's Ali. Remember me? SoM 17? Anyhow, it's so crazy to learn that you're married and you're going to be a daddy? When did this happen?

I say we have an SoM reunion...right now!

Later!
naw, i'm pretty sure i see two babies in that pic thing. i'm no rocket surgen er anything but i'm pretty sure i'm right. you know, only once have i been wrong. this one time i thought i was wrong, but really i wasn't. hence making me wrong about being wrong. so ya, still twins.
Hi Lee! I miss my big brother! Love your recent pictures BTW...you've got a real eye for good pictures. It helps that all of you peeps are so good looking too. Anyway, keep em comin'. I don't leave a comment for every blog I read of yours, but I DO Read them. =) Love you loads!

Add a comment